Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Rude Neighbors

So tonight, I was taking my dog on his nightly walk and I was walking down the road letting him sway this way and that way. He then stopped in my neighbors yard (nothing out of the ordinary) so I figured he was going to use the bathroom. Well my neighbors dog started barking so I headed into their yard to scoop up Dexter. Of course, that is when my neighbor walks out of his house, stomps up to me, and says "its not like you don't have plenty of grass to walk your dog in your own yard." Naturally, I was offended because he took the confrontation to a completely disrespectful level. This neighbor has never made an effort to say hello and exchange a friendly gesture. And to think, I was even thinking about taking over a bottle of wine to congratulate him and his new wife on their matrimony. What really upset me about this confrontation is that they never keep their dogs in a pen or chained up. Their dogs are just free to wander, even if this leads them directly onto my back porch barking at my dog as he is minding his own business. God forbid, I let Dexter walk down the street.

I know that this is completely out of the ordinary from my usual posts but I am strangely really upset about the rudeness of a man I've barely met.

No comments: